The Intone cutting edge compensated saddles by Glendale The King of Twang
Absolutely the best compensated saddles made for the Telecaster. Glendale carefully thought out and designed what he truly believe will soon become the world's most popular saddle.
They are designed so that the ends of the saddle touch. Glendale chose to make them this way because it minimizes movement and helps with the overall sound. It took a lot of time, effort and looking at things in a new way to come up with this design. The E/A is even longer on the E string side, for more string clearance. The edges are designed to touch at the top and not at the bottom. This is a huge improvement. This new relief will allow you to follow the radius of your guitar neck without causing the saddle to separate. Precision machined from billet. State of the art CNC machining center. All three saddles line up perfectly, and are cut so that the edges line up straight. Glendale offer solid Brass, Stainless Steel, Hardened Steel, Titanium, and Aluminum saddles. Glendale goal is perfect intonation (within .1 Hz) on all six strings. The height adjustment screws are tilted back to keep them off the bridge-plate screws. They are also rounded on the bottom. Glendale use a #4 height adjustment screw with a dome bottom for two reasons. They are not as wide as the traditional #6 screw, so you get more string clearance. The dome bottom insures that you get the best contact to your bridge-plate. Fillister head intonation screws, springs, and Allen head height adjustment screws are all stainless steel. Stainless steel hardware means that oil and sweat from your hands will not cause corrosion of the parts - leaving them easy to adjust for the life of the guitar. These saddle can be installed on any vintage style Tele bridge-plate with no modifications required. Glendale Intone saddles come with directions, one Allen wrench, three springs, six dome bottom #4-40x3/8" height adjustment screws, two short dome bottom screws #4-40x5/16" and three intonation screws.
Different saddle material will give your guitar different tones.
Brass has a very nice balanced tone of highs mids and lows.
Aluminum adds highs without losing mids or lows.
Cold rolled steel adds a very acoustical value to your guitars tone, more highs than brass but less highs than aluminum.
Titanium is a very light weight and hard material the sound is similar to brass but adds a little sparkle to the highs.
There is 8 different Glendale saddle set:
- Glendale The "Brass" Intone Cutting Edge set. Three Brass.
- Glendale The "Twang" Intone Cutting Edge set. Aluminum E/A, Brass D/G & B/E. This is the set that Billy Gibbons & Redd Volkaert use.
- Glendale The "Twang Plus" Intone Cutting Edge set. Aluminum E/A Plus a Brass E/A, Brass D/G & B/E.
- Glendale The "Bakersfield Twang" Intone Cutting Edge set. 1/4" Aluminum E/A, Cold Rolled Steel D/G & B/E.
- Glendale The "Wide Twang" Intone Cutting Edge set. Aluminum E/A, Brass D/G & B/E. For heavy gauge E&A strings 052 / 038, 050/ 036 or heavier.
- Glendale The "Wide Brass" Intone Cutting Edge set. Three Brass. For heavy gauge E&A strings 052 / 038, 050/ 036 or heavier.
- Glendale The "Left Hand Brass" Cutting Edge set. Three Brass.
- Glendale The "Left Hand Twang" Intone Cutting Edge set. Aluminum E/A, Brass D/G & B/E.
All Glendale products are made in U.S.A